Subject: Universal Access
Pacing Guide: Weeks 11-40
Universal Access Time (UA)
- To allow teachers the time for intervention, enrichment, and differentiation.
- Students learn independent and on-task working behavior.
- Model, practice, and reflect one week, two weeks, or more before full implementation.
- Practice time begins small with 5 minutes.
- Take the pre-implementation period to build up to 30 minutes (by increments of 5 minutes).
- Students can work independently for 30 minutes.
- Provide a visual list (T-chart) of "Must Do's" and "May Do's"
Universal Access Time Rules
- I work quietly.
- I am responsible with materials.
- I complete Must Do's first.
- I am quiet during May Do's also.
- I use a quiet voice when working with a partner.
- I ask my questions before my teacher begins group time.